Community Garden/Educ Ctr Calendar 2020 << Click here to see the Community Garden's 2020 Calendar of events, programs and classes
Even though the Idyllwild Community Garden and Education Center is not an official part of the Garden Club, we support each other as we fulfill our mission statements. For more information on their events, programs and schedule, please click on the button to go to their website:
Current events! Hi folks,
2020 will be our biggest garden education series yet! Here's what's happening in February and March. Hope you can join us for one, some or all these exciting offerings. If you want to sign up to attend, just email me and tell me what class(es) you want to attend. Here's what's happening:
1. Saturday, February 22, 10-11:30 AM - Proper Fruit Tree Pruning with Tricia Pilkington. Learn what to consider and how to prune your apple, pear, apricot, peach, cherry and other fruit trees you might have. Tricia is both knowledgeable and a fantastic presenter. You won't want to miss this class! Free, but donations appreciated. PLEASE RSVP ASAP!
2. Saturday, February 29, 10-11:30 AM - Composting and Building Healthy Soil with Bob Greenamyer. Learn about what makes for healthy soil and how to compost to improve your own soil. Free but donations appreciated
3. Saturday, March 7, 10 - 11:30 AM - Community Volunteer Day. - Join us in the garden to help work on a variety of tasks: composting, seed planting, pruning, cleaning, watering and anything else that needs doing. Come for as long as you can. No experience necessary!
4. Saturday, March 7, 1 - 2:30 PM - Family Gardening - A Seven Class Series with PhD Peter Kindfield. The focus will be on setting up a worm composting bin, sprouting beans,transplanting sprouts, into seedling trays, preparing a lasagna bed for planting, transplanting bean seedlings into the bed, making tepee climbing support for beans and harvesting beans if there's time. A great time for both parents and kids. Cost: $25 per family. PLEASE RSVP ASAP FOR THIS SERIES. SPACE IS LIMITED.
5. Saturday March 14, 10 - 11:30 AM - Community Volunteer Day - Join us in the garden to help work on a variety of tasks: composting, seed planting, pruning, cleaning, watering and anything else that needs doing. Come for as long as you can. No experience necessary!
6. Saturday, March 14, 1 - 2:30 PM - Family Gardening Class Series with Peter Kindfield. Session 2 of Peter's 7 Part series. See description above.
7. Saturday, March 21, 11 - 2 PM - Garden Open House
8. Saturday, March 28, 11 - Noon - The ABC's of Gardening with Julia Goldfarb Sousa. Julia will go over the basics of gardening in our mountain environment. Free, but donations appreciated
See you at the garden!
Bob and the Idyll. Community Garden Team